Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post here. I began running in February as an obese middle aged woman. I’ve lost 4 stone (in 9 months, and I’m still middle aged sadly). I’ve had foot problems for years, probably partly caused by being overweight. However I really need shoe help.
I have always had very wide feet (even as a very slim twenty something) and after 4 pregnancies I need a EEE fitting. This is only in the toe box - my heels are normal size. i have two additional problems. One, I supinate very badly on my left foot, possibly, the osteo says, because of an old ankle injury, so I get plantar fasciitis in that foot, though the podiatrist insoles and stretches help. The other is that I have a really large neuroma in that foot, I’ve had it decades. The reality is I can run about four miles before I’m in agony from it. I’ve adjusted my gait as much as I can.

One issue that I think might help is getting shoes that are wide in the toe but not at the heel. Currently I have New Balance Fresh Foam, but they’re rockers & it’s not ideal for me. I have to lace my shoes so tight that they hurt my feet, or they slop about. I can’t get heel grips to stick. Has anyone any suggestions?
I’m cardio able to go a lot further, and I’m contemplating doing a triathlon type thing instead. But I’ve come to love running.
thank you!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Altras are a good make for a wide toe box and also Topo. You may have to hunt a bit to find a stockist near you though.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Second vote for Altra. Paradigm has a very wide toe box. Zero heel to toe drop is a great help for plantar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts