Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to post this.

My hubby bought me one of these for my birthday on Monday and I think it's great. I know it s not the same as getting out there and exercising but as both myself and hubby works stupid shifts as well as care for the kids we thought it was the next best thing when I couldnt get out while he was working ie nights etc.

It has weighed me very accurately and worked out my BMI. I have done jogging, step and muscle training/yoga and my abs are killing me so must be working.

Has anyone else got one/used one? Hubby is on nights tonight and I cant wait to get hoola hooping :cool:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I had a go on wii fit at a friends house once. It does look like fun. I tried the hoola hoop and it is incredibly difficult, but I was never any good at that sort of stuff before. I did the profile measurements etc, and everything was fine in terms of BMI etc, but my centre of gravity was slightly off to the left and it suggested I do yoga to correct this :) Pretty cool technology.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I had a quick play on one, great stuff! a little frustrating at times (I'd lean to catch the hoops and it wouldn't move until it was too late, lol). I always longed for computer games that involved a more physical aspect :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Smiler - Can you use two Wii Fit units at a time?

One of the things that has put me off getting it is that one of us would have to sit whilst the other one exercised.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Smiler - Can you use two Wii Fit units at a time?

One of the things that has put me off getting it is that one of us would have to sit whilst the other one exercised.

You could both do it naked, so at least the one watching got something out of it too ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You would only need one wii fit. You would both register on the system and it becomes like a little competiton. You can do most things solo on there but you can take it in turns although there are a few things that 2 people can do at the same time, one of them to be jogging. The more time you excerise on there you unlock more programmes.

HTH Nat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those prices look really good! But what do you actually get in the package- do you have to go and buy all the other bits for the aerobics and step classes etc? I see you get the balance board with it but do you need the battery pack. Too confusing for my little brain.:huh:

·
Registered
835 Posts
You would only need one wii fit. You would both register on the system and it becomes like a little competiton. You can do most things solo on there but you can take it in turns although there are a few things that 2 people can do at the same time, one of them to be jogging. The more time you excerise on there you unlock more programmes.

HTH Nat
Is it me? isn't wii jogging just running on the spot?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was shattered after 3 mins jogging cause of the pace really. It's more like a fast run on the spot. You have to keep upto the person infront of you on the screen. There are short circuits and longer ones to choose from.

The hoola hooping is a killer

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Sorry but I really do not get the point of this....why not just go out for a run/game of tennis or whatever else ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts