Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've lost 22 Kg in the last 2 years. I think my ideal weight would be 78Kg so I'm trying to lose another 5 kilos or so.
I'm running 5k four times a week and doing bootcamps twice a week, I feel fitter than ever!

It's not easy for me to keep this new much better weight to be honest, so I wonder if my suffering will increase if I lose more weight.

It would also stress my ankles and feet less when running, as I'm flat feet; I'm not having any issues but I'd rather avoid injury and it would improve my fitness.

My doubt is: will I feel hungrier after losing more weight?????

I'd welcome any opinions, even better if from veterans like me.

Thank you all :)

Weight is 83.5 Kg
Height: 1.872m

·
Registered
5 Posts
First of all congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I'm no medic but I would say you no doubt have experienced a real fitness transformation in losing 22kg and any further loss will be incremental. I'm a similar weight to you (and similar height) and my wife and I see similar fluctuations in our weights because although we run 4+ times a week we love our food as well!! Personally, being weight focussed can be a bit of a trap and you can end up feeling miserable. You are already a healthy weight for your height. Suggestion: slowly up your mileage (I found a fitness watch/training programme to follow which was structured and motivating)… don't be too hard on yourself, ENJOY your runs, fitness, food and feeling great and the rest will take care of itself. I've been asking myself the same question recently should I lose 5-6kg to be lighter on my feet and quicker? Probably. Am I going to punish myself to get that done? No. I'll adapt my diet so I can eat well but cut out the junk and fatty stuff. I don't know about you but the more I exercise the more I start to crave healthy food. Remember it's important to fuel if you're burning fuel in your exercise plan. Sorry it's been a bit of a ramble but I hope at least some of this is useful!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I'm no medic but I would say you no doubt have experienced a real fitness transformation in losing 22kg and any further loss will be incremental. I'm a similar weight to you (and similar height) and my wife and I see similar fluctuations in our weights because although we run 4+ times a week we love our food as well!! Personally, being weight focused can be a bit of a trap and you can end up feeling miserable. You are already a healthy weight for your height. Suggestion: slowly up your mileage (I found a fitness watch/training programme to follow which was structured and motivating)… don't be too hard on yourself, ENJOY your runs, fitness, food and feeling great and the rest will take care of itself. I've been asking myself the same question recently should I lose 5-6kg to be lighter on my feet and quicker? Probably. Am I going to punish myself to get that done? No. I'll adapt my diet so I can eat well but cut out the junk and fatty stuff. I don't know about you but the more I exercise the more I start to crave healthy food. Remember it's important to fuel if you're burning fuel in your exercise plan. Sorry it's been a bit of a ramble but I hope at least some of this is useful!
Thanks for your answer, no ramble at all, I like a long answer.
I asked this question before and never got an answer, shall you feel hungrier if you lose a bit more?...maybe yes, like your body wants some fat deposit to stave off hunger, it seems to make sense from an evolutionary standpoint, folks who feel the most hungry would survive on periods of low food availability over folks who don't feel as hungry and lazy about...but I never heard of any scientific evidence on this. If that's the case, maybe it's best to keep some fat in the belly and feel better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts