Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling really down in the dumps, sad and depressed today. My boyfriend has been sent to prison today, for Gbh, he got 3 years. He will serve half of this so will be out in 18 months but I am so upset. It seems so unfair, he is such a lovely person and what he did was wrong, but it wasn't all his fault, it was in self defence, the bloke attacked him first, he only went to his ex's to get some of his stuff back, which she would'nt give him, but the court would not accept that and although he pleaded guilty, deep down I was hoping the sentence would be suspended. I am hoping that I can concentrate on my running and it will keep my spirits up for the next 18 months, but at the moment, I feel like curling up in a ball and not doing anything :(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ouch. Whatever the circumstances, whether or not it was just & fair that he has been imprisoned, it's bound to be a terribly miserable time for you :(

The short answer to your question, of course, is yes. That doesn't mean it's easy to drag yourself out when you feel absolutely wretched, but it's well worth making the effort if you can. The fact that you're even asking the question, I think means that you know it would do you good, and that you want to.

If it's the same with you as it is here, it's a lovely evening, so get your kit on right this minute, head out the door and go for a run. Things won't be any different when you get back, but you WILL feel better about things and feel more positive and more able to cope.

:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trinity & BPC, I have had my daughter and her boyfriend here so haven't got out running tonight, but will get out at 6.15 in the morning, will try to keep to my routine, and hopefully time will go a bit quicker, and I will be fitter when he gets out. Got a visit booked for Saturday, but the flat seems empty without him. Got to try to think positive and keep my spirits up, its just hard so thanks for your kind words

·
Registered
78 Posts
The short answer to your question is; Yes. The slightly longer answer involves me waffling on about the fact that physical exercise lifts the mood and has been shown to be as effective as antidepressants in some trials, I think.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Karen

I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling, but you must try and keep youself going, the running will most definitely help.

You have done so well so far with your run/walk programme don't let it go to waste now that will only make you feel worse.

Keeping posting on here no matter how you are feeling and we will try to keep you virtually happy.

TT

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
cant really say much more than the others Karen but i am sending you virtual hugs anyway

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Sounds like your having a rough time:( . Keep your chin up, I think running is a great stress buster. You may feel lousy before a run but you will feel better after :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys for your support, I am feeling very up and down emotionally but I am not going to give up running, I enjoy it too much and it will keep me going for the next eighteen months, I went out yesterday morning as usual, and will be out again tomorrow morning at 6.15am. Looking forward to the race for life in July and that will be three months gone from the eighteen months, will then think about looking for a 10k run and train for that, if I keep on having something to aim for I hope that wil help.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts