• Good yarn?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes it's worth hanging about for the presentations at the end of a race.

Yesterday after The Scores (4.75m, 409 steps, plus hills) race in Lowestoft my team celebrated by having a drink, soft to start with and then not so. The usual suspects were applauded for their efforts and then came the team prize for the ladies. Normally this doesn't concern our team but to our surprise Lowestoft Road Runners Ladies had come first! I shook my head to make sure I wasn't dreaming and had a look on the floor to see how many ales I'd had but sure enough the announcer then went on to names some familiar names.

First there was Tracey and then Pauline and then Leigh. I swallowed hard. Nobody appeared to have noticed the problem. Tracey and Pauline went up for the trophey as I did my best not to cackle heartily. I looked across and saw Leigh standing in the crowd oblivious to what had just occurred.

I called HIM over and explained! There had been nowhere on the application form to say whether you were male or female and the organisers had seen his name spelt LEIGH and assumed he was a lady!

Tracey and Pauline had their presentation photos taken before they realised what the problem was..they hadn't heard who the 3rd lady was when "she" was announced.

Oh how tempting it was to say nothing! We owned up as soon as the presentation was over....but not before we had all 3 "ladies" pose with the trophy.

Any similar, true, stories?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you believe it...LEIGH did it again and "won" 2nd prize in the open ladies section of a ten miler just before Chrimbo!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts