Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the muscial instruments, or the kind that you blame on the dog.

But running in wind.

I had my first experience of running into a headwind the other day and it was probably the least pleasant part of my run. Mainly because it was cold, I was running uphill, I was recovering from a deadleg from rugby and it was blimmin windy!:mad:

I have played rugby in wind (but it's a multidirectional sport, so it's no real problem), but this was the most energy sapping experience that I've had in a while.

Do you despise windy running too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hate windy weather full stop!

I don't mind the cold, rain, snow or anything else for that matter, but I absolutely hate windy weather:huh:

I'm sure it comes from when I first started work and used to cycle to work, then work outside most of the day. If it was windy, I was knackered by the time I got to work and it didn't get any better as the day went on! :mad:

Nowadays if it's windy I won't go out running in it, I'll just stay in.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I don't mind running in the wind, it good when its too hot, but I don't like it on race day as it most definitely prevents you from obtaining a good time, which I experienced last sunday, but such is life you prepare as well as possible but on the day it is left in the lap of the gods... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I hate the wind and not just when I'm running...but that's another story.

Wind and sun..my 2 running bugbears!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
After having lived in Shetland, "windy conditions" became a very relative thing :d

But I dislike doing reps or racing (when going for a good time) when there is a strong wind.
When going for position it's ok. I don't care much about times then.

Sometimes it's great to run in a storm and feel all that power being unleashed...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I agree it's not one of the nicest running conditions, but running into the wind is great strength training.

When conditions are bad on a training run I try to think of it in terms of... well it might be like this on race day so training in it will only help (so long as I'm dressed for the conditions).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts