Runners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great little race just under 4 miles from home, So a jog through the woods to get to the venue. It had been raining for most of the day but was bright and sunny for the start of the race.
The race is just under 8km over 2 laps and from the gun it is uphill for 400m first on a gravel track then into some woodland then a fast 200m downhill on very muddy terrain with a 90 degree left turn at the bottom the ups and downs continue like this for the next 800m and then into 1200m uphill with an elevation gain of around 100m and then a super fast 800m downhill followed by a slight uphill for 400m a slight downhill for 100m then into lap 2.
Lots of mud and standing water.
I managed to stay with 2 runners and we were all strong in different parts of the course so the order kept changing and at about 1 mile to go 1 slipped away to about 100m in front and we could not close him down, I felt that if I could hit the downhill section at the finish in the lead I could hold off the second runner, but she overtook me just short of where I was going to push and pulled away just enough that I could not respond. I crossed the line in 45:31 and that was enough to get me 1st place in my age group.
Then a nice jog back home.
Great value race at £3, no medals or tee shirts or other useless mementoes. I have a feeling I will be back next year.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Sounds lovely. Well done for winning your age category.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts