Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I looking in the wrong places or are there very few winter races in Scotland?

I am not a member of a club due to time constraints, but I have the feeling I may be missing races within the club network.

If anyone can furnish me with race info, i would appreciate it!

I ran the St Andrews Hospice 6k yesterday, and enjoyed it despite the uphill start!

flakey

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Boab, don't know how I missed such an obvious site, think I may give annan and lasswade a go for starters. My guess is the Lasswade course might be on the hilly side, can you, as an east coaster, confirm?

flakey

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh yes, the hill at 2.5 miles is a real thigh burner, but great course, very scenic. Last year was 0 degrees and sunny; made for a very chilli start, but ok once warmed up. It's a wee bit away though, March I think. There should be a fair few between now and then.

I am hoping to run the Portabello new years day 4 miler........regardless of alcohol consumption the night/morning/minutes before!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well done for re-starting the Scotland thread. There's a whole series of cross country events around the Borders but it's only suitable if you don't mind running with scary mud-spattered fast people. It gets cheaper as the season goes on - so if you only want to do one or two your tactics are obvious.

I'll be at the GWR too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
tenkplus, I have been running XC this season. Ran both the East District League events so far, Braids Hills and Gauldry a couple of weeks back. Running Gala in a week saturday for the east district champs. All races so far have attracted a high class of athlete. Great fun.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Flakey,

As you ran the St Adnrews race, I assume you're in the Hamilton/Lanarkshire area. There's a 10km race this Sunday (03/12), then there's the Springburn Cup 10km race in January and the ATHElite 5km in February.

There are also a few more races listed currently on the Runners World site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was in Athelite in East Kilbride a few weeks ago and picked up a wee magazine for free called Scottish Running Guide. Its packed full of tips, training sessions, equipement reviews etc. It has races detailed right through to the spring. All the decent running shops in Scotland advertise in it so might be an idea to drop in and pick up the mag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It seems I have two, so if anyone wants my spare copy of the Scottish Running Guide just let me know and I will snail-mail it to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts