Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm off to do my first race this afternoon and i'm petrified!!!! its only a 5k....i have had a few practice runs in and my time is a bit slow (38mins) so I am hoping to better that!!! but the nerves in my stomach are going mad....

WISH ME LUCK...HERE GOES....i'll let you know later how I got on.:eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Good luck nellie, your be fine, the first race is always a bit daunting, but after your think what was i feeling so worried about i had so much fun.
Its good to be a bit nervous some times but just go out and do your best then your be happy with the result!!!
Iv got a 5km tomorrow, i want to get a pb of 22mins, so ill push myself whatever, suns going to be out as well so it will be hot running but ill push myself to the end FAST i hope;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
How did you go on your first race, i was really excited when i done mine just make sure you have a lovely hot bath when you get home. I didnt and i really gor very stiff and sore in the afternoon.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Knock em dead Nellie - I always feel sick before my races. I forgot to pack my running shoes so I could go running on holiday :-(

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I DID IT!!!! back safe and sound...my time was 29.6 which i was delighted about...the sun shone on us the whole way around and I even got a medal, certificate and a goodie bag!!!!!
Going to have a few glasses of wine tonight to celebrate CHEERS EVERYONE X

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
fan...tas...tic!!! Well done Nellie <<raises bottle of Stella in congratulatory mode>>

And can I say... you are far braver than me picking a 5k for your first race! Generally. the shorter the race the faster the runners are that show up... respect to you! :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
Knock em dead Nellie - I always feel sick before my races. I forgot to pack my running shoes so I could go running on holiday :-(

and the problem with that is?

you now have the perfect excuse to find a running shop and buy some lovely new shiny running shoes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well done Nellie.
First race is always a great achievement and a pb too. Enter another race soon so you have something else to look forward to and keep up with the training.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Trinity said:
and the problem with that is?

you now have the perfect excuse to find a running shop and buy some lovely new shiny running shoes :rolleyes:
Trinity don't encourage me I only bought a new pair recently...........but there is a sports shop that sells running gear.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
Trinity don't encourage me I only bought a new pair recently...........but there is a sports shop that sells running gear.

Go on and treat yourself.... you deserve it, you been through some tough times recently.

And it's not like you won't get the wear out of them ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone...I feel super!!! I had let my running slip quite a bit as I had been busy with my new business but after yesterday I remembered how good it was so I am back on track and can't wait until tomorrow to get out and have a run again......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts