Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try to do a tiny bit of running on the treadmill today. My foot's not 100% better, but after galumphing about doing some folk dancing on Saturday night (aunt's 70th birthday party - had to join in or would have been ostracised from family :p), after spending 2.5 hours on my feet in the morning, it was hardly any worse on Sunday. So, I reckon that it's probably up to a little bit of treadmill work. I thought I'd just do a 5 min brisk walk to warm up, lots of stretching, and then do 1 min jog 1-2 mins walk for a few more mins, to see how it holds up.

I've only got 5 days to my 5k, so running that just ain't going to happen, but if I can jog a bit today, at least I'll know that I can jog a bit on Sunday too :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good Luck bagpuddycat......... fingers crossed.gif
I have been there myself this year,Its so frustrating.............................. goodluck.gif

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:d

Well, the moment of truth will come tomorrow morning when I get out of bed. If I manage that without wincing in pain, all will be good. But for now, I'm very chuffed that I managed 10 mins of alternating 1 min run and 1 min walk. I felt like I could have done loads more, but I didn't want to overdo it first time and go back to square 1 again. I was really worried that what little fitness I'd managed to build up since Jan would have vanished but, while it's definitely not what it was when I injured myself, it's still way better than it was back in Jan. I was having to watch the clock on the treadmill to stop myself running longer than a minute, as it felt so easy.

It felt so damn good to be running again, even such a little bit :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That's good to hear bpc and good luck :d

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds promising BPC

Good luck with the 5k;)

BTW, who was it that said you should try everything in life except incest and folk dancing???:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Best of luck BPC! Do what you can on the day and who knows, you might impress yourself - Good to hear that your coming back to fitness, now you'll have to plan another 5k (or maybe 10k!) that you can aim to run in it's entirety ;)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
richardsimkiss said:
now you'll have to plan another 5k (or maybe 10k!) that you can aim to run in it's entirety ;)
Already done :d

I've entered the Adidas women's challenge in September - 5k around Hyde Park.

I'll see how that goes before I move up to 10k, I think. One step at a time!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
GOOD LUCK BAG will be routing for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts