Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Wolverhampton Carver City half/full next Sunday 7th?

I've entered at the last minute. Just going to force myself to do it.

Feel pretty good about it. My legs dont. lol

Would be cool to meet anyone who's from here doing it! Come on you wolves!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm planning on running, I dont have a number but I checked the website and it apperas you can get a number on the day??

Regarding a time or a finish..... I'll take a finish

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers, yea I ran this back in 2004 the one and only time I ran a half. Then I went to uni.... been back a while now and getting back into it all so thought I'd throw myself into the deep end. See how I compare now to then kind of thing?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Dan

Welcome to RF

Good luck on Sunday and let us know how you get on.

TT:d

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did GNR last year, was ok.

Obviously not going to be the same buzz here in Wolverhampton!!

I sent application off last week, will ring and find out if they got it and stuff. Not looking forward to the course. Going to cycle it now actually!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, Im in! Got my race pack today.
Damn, theres no turning back now!!
Would be great to see others who are on this forum? If you are running, what are your race numbers!!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just checked the weather forcast...... rain, oh well theres not better weather is there!

Not got a number just a place in the at the last minute entry desk, whats peoples numbers and I'll keep an eye out

If I dont catch anyone good luck!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
If you look in the races section, if the race is there you can add yourself. If it is not then you can add it as a race and other people can then add themselves.

This way you can see in advance who else is racing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers, im 753. Give me a piggy back after 4 miles!

Sounds like my position at the end. Haha. Feel terrible atm, backs aching all over.

Just hope its better by the morning.

If I can do it in 2:10, i'll be happy. Actually, if I can finish it ill be happy.

Looks like its going to be a wash out guys! Shorts and a t-shirt me - dont forget to grease up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I survived!, although the legs are in abit of a "dont do that again for a while" mood,

I ended up with number 978 and came in on 2 hours on the nose, pritty happy with that

Gona search for something else now as a point of motivation, just a thought - How the hell do people do full marathons??? - the thought of it scares me

Anyway hope you all had fun?!, bring on the next one...

·
Registered
7 Posts
At the moment I've got no plans on doing a full marathon although at some point I would definatly like to finish one.

For the time being I'm just gona stick around the half mark and when the need takes over I'll be calling on everyones adice regarding how best to go about it

It is just a really long distance and hats off to all those people out there who ever finished one!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Dan

I came in just over 2.10 (according to my Garmin)

Im pleased, because thats 10 mins improvment over last years GNR. Its weird, becasue since then i've put a stone on in weight, and havent trained a quarter of what I did for that.

Mind over matter I think today!

I was pleasantly suprised with the atmosphere - enjoyed it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts