Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last weekend I visited my good friends who have just bought a farm cottage near Alnmouth in Northumberland (i broke up with gf and needed to get away). Anyway, on the Saturday the 3 of us went for a wonderful 10 mile run along the beach and then back to the house through fields and country roads. I was running at a much slower pace than normal as my friends aren't that fast, but it was absolutely amazing. I had never run in such surroundings and it really made a difference. It was nice to go out not thinking about pace and just enjoying the experience. I am jealous of people who have such beautiful, quiet scenery to run through every day. The only bit I didn't like was going through a field full of cows. They are creepy. they all lined up and stared at us. Such curious beasts. Thankfully there were no bulls :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sounds great JB, sorry to hear about you splitting with your gf.

It really makes a nice change to run somewhere new :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It really makes a nice change to run somewhere new :)
Very true...did 16 miles with SWMBO on Saturday on/around the Minsmere RSPB reserve and Dunwich Heath...time flew by...made a change from the run of the mill long runs we do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts