Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Moving on from my old thread.............start a two week holiday (at home) on Monday so finished work in a happy mood!

Was planning to start my running again this coming Tuesday after the sciatica/trapped nerve/muscle strain or whatever it was/is. Was sunny tonight and I felt pretty good. Rubbed a bit of Ralgex on and decided to set off for a short run.

Was quite excited, had butterflies and couldn't get my iPod set up as quick as I wanted. Managed to do a 5.6k with hardly any pain at all so chuffed to bits :d

Still felt a slight twinge now and then but nowhere near as bad as the last time I ran. Managed it with no stopping and when I got home I streched and showered and felt great.

Did the 5.6k in 31 minutes which is slow but wanted to take it easy. So touch wood it looks like I am back in action again. Still going to take it easy.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all

Hrun, yes, decided to keep things moderate for the time being. Today the leg is a slightly sore but just as expected with not running in 4 weeks. Other leg is sore too but that's just with muscles being kicked into action after the time out.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Glad it is going well!

I am easing back in as well and you are right, it is funny the bits that ache through underuse, even though they were never crock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all

Thanks Steve.

Hrun, yes agree. Top of inside thighs are sore today. Never had that before. Thought the legs would have gotten a good workout on the stepper but as you say it's funny the muscles that ache that were nover sore before :)

Having my gait analysed next week sometime so here's hoping they find I have the wrong shoes. Give me the chance to treat me to something new :cool:

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Squint

You don't mean Anderson Drive.........cause I would never make that in a million years. Seems to go uphill forever but suppose coming down again would be good. Would love to press all the crossing lights and run across before they change.......like they do to me in the morning while driving to work :mad:

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Liz3yy

Thanks, yes I am so hoping I keep getting better rather than the other way around.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great News Gary.

Fingers crossed for you that it stays this way and you can get back to running regularly :d

TT

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Squint

You don't mean Anderson Drive.........cause I would never make that in a million years. Seems to go uphill forever but suppose coming down again would be good. Would love to press all the crossing lights and run across before they change.......like they do to me in the morning while driving to work :mad:

Cheers

Gary
You probably wouldn't make it. Not a slur on you but more owing to that you'd either get mugged or ran over before you got from one river to the next.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello

You probably wouldn't make it. Not a slur on you but more owing to that you'd either get mugged or ran over before you got from one river to the next.
:)

On holiday now and had a run this morning at 7.25am. Wanted to get out at the same time I am stuck in traffic when working.

Went not too bad. Kept to my shorter route and was able to do it without stopping. Happy with that because when I was fit I found myself stopping!

So fingers crossed I am on the mend. That was my second run since Friday. Want to get back into the three runs a week ever if they are slightly shorter and slower.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello

Just an update, back to running three days a week again.

Only very slight pain but never when I run or get back. Just seems to be getting up in the morning. Still taking it easy but my runs over the past three days have gotten quicker :d

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great news Gary, you should post your mileage in the Beijing to London thread :d

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys

Will definately be listening to my body now. Beijing to London thread............will need to go have a look to see what that's all about.

Cheers

Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts