Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woot... i somehow managed a new 10km pb today including a fall in the slippy slimey mud..

old pb : 57:13
new pb : 56:09

yeaaahhhh haaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Thats a great new time! Just thinkg you would probably have come in under the 56mins if you hadnt slipped! Knocking a full minute off your time is great!

O.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) thanks.. i think if it had all been on road rather than part trail/ muddy field i think i could have done sub 55min.. ahh well... next time

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Least you never fell over in a race :p on a flat concrete pavement.

Still got the scars on my watch from it

:lol:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
great run beasty! I saw a few new faces briefly at the club last night so wondered if yourself and your good lady friend had decided against the 10k... obviously not though!

How'd you get on Mrs Beasty?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great going Beasty :d

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great run beasty! I saw a few new faces briefly at the club last night so wondered if yourself and your good lady friend had decided against the 10k... obviously not though!

How'd you get on Mrs Beasty?
she was 59:56 ish i think.. just over her PB

not sure if we'll be at the club next tues... there is a 5miler starting from warwick uni

also in small world type way... the mrs seams to think that she interviewed you a few months ago for a web designer role...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
5miler sounds interesting, but with speedwork on monday, and football on wedsnesday, a hard session on tuesday might be lining me up for an early grave! lol.

I don't think it would've been me - although I do have some website design experience, and have close mates who work freelance, and my father does website design, I've been in my current job for 12months and don't remember attending any job interviews in that time :lol:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it prob was about 12months ago when she was working at axis property investment... but hey ho :)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
It was good fun last night - 'cept for some guys that were just behind me most of the way, nattering away most of the way! I was weezing and splattering mud (plus beeping up/down displays on my new Garmin 305 :D) Beastie reckons they were absorbed in my lycra running shorts.....
I was pleased with time - esp. for an off-road!
Not sure if its from an interview - but your name rings a bell... I have worked with a few designers, mainly when I was a marketing manager.. although it was mainly through agencies

1 - 14 of 14 Posts