Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very annoyed:mad:

I booked to have a gait analysis with Tech Tours (from the Asics website) in John Lewis in Norwich yesterday. I was a bit late and so drove like madman to get there in time and had to leave the wife to park the car while I ran in.

Got to the sports section only to find out that none of the staff new anything about it and they hadn't been there for about a year! What a waste of time.:(

When I booked it online there were about 5-6 other sessions already booked, but the staff at JL said nobody else had turned up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How bizarre?? and how very annoying!!! Personally i'd be writing a snotty email :mad:
Snotty email and aiming for a gait analysis with a free pair of trainers attached to suit your running style! Comsumer rights gotta fight for them!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
what a waste of time on your part and what a waste of space on their part. fools

·
Registered
159 Posts
My experience of the Asics Tech Tours was first class. I'm sure the people who do the actual analysis will be as annoyed as you that they're being let down by a dodgy/out of date web-booking-system.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My experience of the Asics Tech Tours was first class. I'm sure the people who do the actual analysis will be as annoyed as you that they're being let down by a dodgy/out of date web-booking-system.
But not annoyed enough to reply to my email!:mad:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I went to Sportlink on the A1067 Drayton Business Park last weekend - just west of Naarch. Google them for their website.

It's free if you buy trainers. Might be worth giving them a try. I didn't have to book or anything although I rang before to book a time in case they were busy. Would recommend them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THanks Fox, do you know what they charge if you don't buy trainers? I was hoping not to have to buy another pair for a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
give them a quick call and they'll be able to tell you exactly how much it'll cost for teh service - I've not heard of people charging for gait analysis before (except biomechanical assessments, which is very different).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts