Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maybe we should bung you a few ideas into your inbox!

Its definitely a bad thing, a daily dose of debate and a meeting of minds makes for pleasant reading!

Dave

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ah Steve I look forward to your daily questions and like telmadee even if I can't answer I enjoy the read and sometimes banter that goes along with them. You have started something.....ha ha ha

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've also looked forward to your daily questions, but did wonder how long you'd be able to keep up the ideas flow. I'll try to think of some and send them to your inbox too (give me a little while). The banter has been good to read, and when some of the questions have taken a more serious turn, I've found many of the comments provided me with plenty to think about. I would like to see it carry on.

So - how about a weekly question instead - since some of your questions have kept us going for some days anyway? And it takes the pressure off thinking of a daily question?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boab has contacted me with a list already. Anymore most welcome.
I'll try to put different slants on those areas that have been covered previously to keep interest up.

Karen, I like the pressure of a daily question....it's just that today I thought I'd make sure forumites wanted them. I don't post at the weekend normally so I do get 2 days off each week from asking questions.

Keep on running y'all!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought you might have had enough questions but if not how's this to get things going again.....

What do you find harder....a short run done fast, a medium distance run done at a steady pace or a long slow run?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
A short fast run hurts me most.

3 miles in just over 22 minutes on Friday hurt a lot more than 15 Miles in 2h:25m on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm with Dave, I find a short quick run is murder.

Dave, are you running 15 miles or a regular basis now ?- fair play young man ! :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 15miler On Saturday Was Easier Than My 5.5m Cross Country On Sunday...i'm With Dave And Granty ...quick Runs Are Murder!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
I'm with Dave, I find a short quick run is murder.

Dave, are you running 15 miles or a regular basis now ?- fair play young man ! :d

I`ve always run on my own Granty, until Sunday that is.

I was invited to run with a few people who are training for the FLM.

The 15 miles was my longest ever run,and I really enjoyed it.

I have been carrying an injury and was losing my confidence,in respect of running my 1st half marathon next month.

My confidence is restored and I am looking forward to running with them again next week.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Mentally I find long runs harder 10 +, physically I find them ok.

I recently discovered that I quite like knocking my socks off, I used fear going too fast as I thought I wouldn't maintain the pace but have been taking on the challenge, how long this will last I don't know :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts