Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be all paying off - my mix of tempo runs, long runs and regular runs. Am not following a formal training pattern, but whatever I'm doing seems to be working!

Did my last bit of major running today before the City of Manchester 10k on Sunday, and did my first sub 55 training 10k - 53.50 in fact, over 2.5 minutes faster again than the last time I ran 10k in training the other week.

Am going to try to concentrate on myself in the race, as there will be many more faster runners around me than in my first race, so I will have to make sure I don't try to pick off the sub 40 runners in the first few k :rolleyes: Am just going to try to get as near that 50 minute mark as possible!

Am going to take it easy for the next three days, let the energy levels build up and the muscles get ready for some serious road running on Sunday :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Looking good then for the race...taking it easy for next few days a good idea.

Money on a sub 50!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If you pay attention to where you position yourself in the starting line-up then that'll help you to run with similar paced runners. Best of luck RRR, just give it your all and see what you can manage :d

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I’m so happy for you :). I reckon you will be flying on the day. I’ve been doing a mix to, but don’t seem to be getting any quicker, my legs will only go so fast. Wish I felt as good as you.

You sure you can’t offer a piggy bank.;)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good then for the race...taking it easy for next few days a good idea.

Money on a sub 50!!
Will see what William Hill can offer on the day!

If you pay attention to where you position yourself in the starting line-up then that'll help you to run with similar paced runners. Best of luck RRR, just give it your all and see what you can manage :d
Good advice - not sure how flexible the start will be - am sure they will send me to the back anyway if I try to hustle it up at the front with the big boys and girls!

I’m so happy for you :). I reckon you will be flying on the day. I’ve been doing a mix to, but don’t seem to be getting any quicker, my legs will only go so fast. Wish I felt as good as you.

You sure you can’t offer a piggy bank.;)
You never know, you may fly on the day as well! Have faith - you may fly past me!

But no piggys!

Sounds great Rob:) - so much better than acouple of weeks ago. I presume that the ribs are ok now?
Oh, they're still troublesome, just not bothering me so much running now. Was so grateful for pedestrian's feedback on that one. I did bump my ribs on my doorhandle coming in and it made me wince pretty bad - and lying on that side still very awkward - but thankfully I can run and have just got used to how it feels, and at least the fact I can breathe at full capacity now without probs is good!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great news, good luck, look forward to hearing all about it :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts