Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just back home from the longest run i've ever managed to do, 11 miles. ok, so it took me 1hr 58m but i don't even care about that coz 18 months ago i couldn't manage 3 miles without a rest.

i'm chuffed.:):):):)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers hrun.

paington? thats cornwall/devon way isn't it?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Every right to be chuffed nikstein...time is irrelevant...great effort well done you!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Devon. Torbay, the English riviera to be precise
i only ask coz i was in that part of the country (well, padstow in North Cornwall) for the first time this summer. had a great time and even managed a bit of holiday running for the first time in my life.

thanks to everyone for their encouragement. can't put my finger on exactly why but i've definitely upped my game distance/weekly mileage-wise in the period since i joined the forum. surely that can't be coincidence?

·
Registered
516 Posts
i only ask coz i was in that part of the country (well, padstow in North Cornwall) for the first time this summer. had a great time and even managed a bit of holiday running for the first time in my life.

thanks to everyone for their encouragement. can't put my finger on exactly why but i've definitely upped my game distance/weekly mileage-wise in the period since i joined the forum. surely that can't be coincidence?
No coincidence I'm sure. It's been the same for me. My performance has vastly improved since joining this forum. There is so much experience here, many many training tit bits, and so much good advice that I have completely changed the way I train, with much much better results.

Plus, just shooting the breeze with like minded people can be nothing but positive!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Nik.

Looking for Half Marathon Soon then...............:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got one in glasgow on in 4 weeks, hence the effort to see how far i could go. feel a bit better about it now.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great going N.

It definitely helps with it psychologically to do the distance when you know you have an event coming up.

You will really enjoy your 1/2 coming across the finish line is amazing you feel like you have won :lol:

Look forward to reading about your race.

TT

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice going Nik:)

Totally agree with your comments about the link between joining the forum and improving performance. I really don't know if I'd still be running if it wasn't for all of the advice and encouragemrnt received here.

Good luck with the half marathon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts