Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran 5km (and another 0.5km extra) without stopping for the very first time today!

And who do I have to thank?? Runners' Forum. Without all the inspirational posts on here, and the thought of being able to post this when I got back, I'm not sure I'd have done it yet. So a big thank you to everybody!

It's odd, I really didn't feel like going for a run today (I was going to do 8km but with intervals) so decided to do a shorter one, and make it count. Somehow, it worked!

It may have taken me 38.35 to get round, but for me that's a real achievement so hasn't taken the grin off my face. Neither did the guy who drove up behind me honking his horn - I'm trying to convince myself he was being flattering so as not to destroy said grin...

So yeah, thanks again!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I take it you are a tad pleased with yourself.:d

Well done from me and the time really doesn't matter. Completing the distance is a fantastic achievement.

When's your first race then ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, sorry, but yes.

10k at the end of September, and 1/2 in November....so some way to go!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
awww well done midnight, congratulations to you, bring on the 10k ay !!!!

Well done again

:)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well done, that's great stuff :)

I'm sure you'll keep going and be ready for the 10k when it arrives!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Well done! Good luck with the races, you will be fine :) Keep the training up and you will be suprised how quickly your body gets used to the longer distances.

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great going Midnight, this place does definitely keep you getting out the door :d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts