Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Having spent all my life declaring that "I don't do running" and that 100m is a long distance run, I've entered myself for the Race for Life and am aiming to run as much of it as I possibly can (all of it would be good, but time may not be on my side).

I'm on week 7 of my run/walk training plan now and I'm struggling, due to my terrible lack of fitness, but determined to stick to the plan. I've just discovered this website and I'm hoping that I'll find some useful tips and inspiration to keep me going through the pain.

Bagpuddycat

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi welcome to RF

You are doing great if you are seven weeks, keep at it.

When is your race for life?

TT

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
If you've stuck at it for 7 weeks you're doing great. Everyone progresses at a different speed, but with the determination to keep going (as you appear to have!) you'll soon see your fitness improving and your runs getting longer/quicker :d

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi TT

It's one of the earlier RfLs - May 11th. My training program is a 10 week one and takes me up to the end of March (and up to run 3 mins, walk 1 times 10), so then I've got about 5 weeks to get from that to running non-stop for 5k. Challenging, I think, but then I have no experience, so no way of really knowing how much of an extra step that is.

I think I've got this far through sheer stubbornness - I'm determined to stick to my plan and no-one's going to stop me :d

BP

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum BPC, good for you on entering the race for life.

Hope the training goes well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts