Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck in bed with a quesy tummy, shivers and delicate bowels, again! :sick:

I was alright yesterday and was really looking forward to a run in my new trainers this morning until my guts decided at 1.30am they needed emptying!

I ended up in the spare room so I wouldnt disturb my boyfriend and now he's feeling crap too! Its so annoying as its a lovely day and I'm stuck in bed wondering what's made me feel like this? I havent eaten all day, feel shivery and cant keep water down for more than 30 minutes.....sigh, I think a call to the doctor is in order tomorrow :'(

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've eaten the usual, cooked at home which never causes problems and yesterday ate out in Bath, had lunch in Costas which has never been a problem either.

We think the culprit might be a batch of home made yoghurt that went a bit wrong. We have a easyyo yoghurt maker which I make batches up in most weeks. I made some Friday and it didnt seem as good as usual, a bit grainy and thin. I didnt want to waste it though and it on my cereal on Friday and yesterday, my boyfriend also had a mouthful.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
well yoghurt is pretty much full of bacteria (usually goodies) so i rekon ur right with assuming that.. it might even be a bit of something left in it from last time you used it..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
:(

Sorry to hear that. Could be the yoghurt, could just be something floating around in the air you've picked up.

You will be back fighting fit soon, just make sure to drink plenty of fluids, or try sucking an ice cube slowly if you can't keep it down.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You poor thing. Matron prescribes you plenty of water and if you need some food then only toast or bread. No milk or orange. Drink little and often and some paracetamols if you can keep them down. You probably have a temperature with the bacterial infection but symptoms are the shakes and shivers so you think you are cold and wrap up. Wrong choice.

Let us know how you are progressing. You just have to let this one pass through rotten as it maybe.

Great for the weight loss tho!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, we're slowly getting better and have been walking around the flat today instead of lazing in bed. I managed a mouthful of dry cereal this morning and have been drinking plenty of water, luckily I'm not being sick anymore.

I havent eaten properly since Saturday night so I'm feeling rather weak and wobbly so there'll be no running for a good few days!

Fingers crossed we'll both fine tomorrow, I'm starting to get my apetite back so I might even cook a little plain pasta tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts