6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just want to disappear and not hurt anymore

and I've got an exam tomorrow.. but it doesn't matter anymore
the sooner I get out of this tortuous life the better

·
Registered
835 Posts
I initially read that article with some sceticism (er spelling) but as I read on I found myself agreeing that it is in actual fact quite possible.

However, the article is really only telling us what we already know. That is that stress is the major factor to illness.

Good diet and regular exercise are the key to a stress free life. Oh and I nearly forgot, the odd glass or bar of your favourite also has a positive effect on stress.

So, Trin it really is not that bad after all and certainly not worth changing your avatar over. Good luck with the exam tomorrow and make sure you have some Fry's turkish in the cupboard for tonight!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh Trinity, I'm new here and don't know what's going on in your life, but if you want a chat just shout.

I was with my boyfriend for nine years and we broke up at the end of last year, so I know heartbreak - especially as I have to live in the house we shared until it is sold. Six months down the line it's still killing me, but I haven't died.

Here if you need me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why do they allow papers to print this rubbish its like something you would see in the Sun ...

Next it will be that you can die from smiling :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I was fit and i had a heart attack. Too many people believe that if they cut their saturated fat and cholesterol intake then their arteries will be ok. Not so. Some people, myself included produce too much cholesterol (90%ish of the body's cholesterol is self produced and is not contributed to by diet) and it can only be lowered a certain amount through diet and exercise, after that statins are required.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Keep your chin up Trinity and good luck with your exam:) . Got one myself next week and not even started revising :eek:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
zanshin said:
I was fit and i had a heart attack. Too many people believe that if they cut their saturated fat and cholesterol intake then their arteries will be ok. Not so. Some people, myself included produce too much cholesterol (90%ish of the body's cholesterol is self produced and is not contributed to by diet) and it can only be lowered a certain amount through diet and exercise, after that statins are required.
Aaarghh... Another bunch of stuff I didn't want to know!
I shouldn't have read it!
I shouldn't read anything!
Reading can kill you...! Aaaaarrghhh.:eek:

(*Sorry*) :embarrassed:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
cuprasi said:
Being on forums and off topic chat can lead to anger which can kill :rolleyes:
I wasn't angry, really. :d It's just that these days we are given so much "advice" about how to live; what to do/not to do; what to eat/not to eat etc... that it can be hard to avoid. Wherever you go and whatever you read, there's always this "advice"... a lot of which is based on "scaring" us into submission.
If we were to follow all these rules we'd end up not getting out of bed. Until we were told that sleeping was bad for us..........:eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
pedestrian said:
............... Until we were told that sleeping was bad for us..........:eek:
Actually!.......

<< creeps out of the room before ped manages to land one on 'im >>

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont read the newspapers If I can help it, my partner was sentenced to three years in prison two weeks ago for GBH and the local paper made it out to be all his fault. He was attacked first and it was self defence, admittedly he went over the top, but the paper only printed the parts that they thought would sell the paper, and made it sound a lot worse than it was. I am struggling to cope without him as it is, and it didnt help what they wrote, especially as we live in a small town. Thankfully everyone that knows him knows what a lovely person he is but how do these papers get away with it? It is so annoying!!! :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My girlfriend dumped me x3 yrs ago,for the last time(previously a serial dumper,about x5times),thats the worst part,believing the lies,emotional pain is worse than physical pain - and I started this planning on joking.Anyway the pain is still there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts