Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want to motivate yourself by starting your own streak?
Maybe do at least one long run every month? Or one race? Or at least one 1h run? Maybe a certain goal-time for a given distance? Something else? :p
Post your progress here.

Last month I decided to try and run at least a sub 20:00 5km every month while I can.
So here goes the first post on the thread...

October: 19:12.1, 19:39, 19:22.0, 18:04.9, 17:54.0, 19:52.1

November: 19:21.6

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Last month was my highest mileage month ever at 141.7miles. I'd like to complete 34+ miles each week for the duration of November. I'd also like to commit to doing a proper tempo run each week, somthing I often deglect.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
As I am coming back from injury my initial goal is to try to run twice a week throughout November. I will re-evaluate on a month by month basis after that.
Goid to hear your on your way back.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
No streaking for me, thanks Fulmar.

An easy, but yet so difficult to achieve it seems, goal for me this month...

I will run at least once every week this month.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Last month was my highest mileage month ever at 141.7miles. I'd like to complete 34+ miles each week for the duration of November. I'd also like to commit to doing a proper tempo run each week, somthing I often deglect.
Looks like my plans are falling apart already. Been full of cold all week, which became a little chesty yesterday. Gonna give my run a miss today and stay in where its nice and warm. Leaves me 3 miles short of 34. No worries.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've got 2 races booked for this month, the Leeds Abbey Dash, and the City of Salford Womens 5.25 the week after.
I've been able to increase my training a bit more over the last month, and I've been running more around my local area (which has its fair share of hills) and I'm expecting both of those races to be quite flat, so I'm really aiming to get a pb in at least one of those races.
Its been aaaages since I've come anywhere close to a pb so I'm gonna try my bestest :d

·
Registered
450 Posts
Chipper have you got anything through about the abbey dash? It's my first race so I don't know if I need a timing chip and race number or what.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
869 Posts
Chipper have you got anything through about the abbey dash? It's my first race so I don't know if I need a timing chip and race number or what.

Cheers,
Tom
No Tom, I haven't received anything yet, but I'm fairly sure that they post everything out beforehand. I was hoping to expect it any day now tbh with it only being 2 weeks off.

I've never done this race before, but I hear its a good one, so I hope you enjoy your first racing experience! :d

Actually, I've just looked at the confirmation email which says they will send everything out a MONTH beforehand. If I've not received anything by the end of this week, I think I'll give em a call. Let me know if you get yours! :tup::d

·
Registered
265 Posts
My knee still feels a little sore so i will rest this week and hopefully start to do a little bit by the weekend.

I am going to be patient and if i can run 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time by the end of the month i will be happy. If i can get to where i was, running 20 miles a week, before xmas i would be very happy with that.

Will keep you updated !

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Week 1 - run 1

A very very wet 60minutes of orienteering round forest in North Norfolk.

Hoping for a midweek run this coming week, I saw blokes out in town 9pm the other day so it can be done, and then back to a normal Saturday/Monday next weekend.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like my plans are falling apart already. Been full of cold all week, which became a little chesty yesterday. Gonna give my run a miss today and stay in where its nice and warm. Leaves me 3 miles short of 34. No worries.
No worries indeed. Better leave those 3 miles for another day and recover now :tup:

To start doing some speed work again...but my groin etc will have to let me!
Now that would be something :) Fingers crossed!

I'm adding another time to my tally :p

November: 19:21.6, 19:56.1

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My goal for this month is to get 4 solid weeks of proper training in. No parkrun, no injury niggles, no colds, no eating seven iced buns in one day, and definitely not taking stupid risks and hurting myself. And then I will do a sub-18 5k at the end of the month.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And another one :)

November: 19:21.6, 19:56.1, 19:24.7

·
Registered
845 Posts
Good running there fulmar........getting my mileage up again after a few leisurely weeks.......like to do 100 miles minimum in November...........had a week off last week with just some fell running in the Lakes so time to up the miles this week...........

1 - 20 of 123 Posts