Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does everyone find tapering difficult?:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Tapering:

A gradual decrease in thickness or width of an elongated object............:eek:..........???

Explain to a novice please Steve.

Thanks. :d

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I've not trained to a long enough distance to taper off towards the race but having had a very quiet 10 days or so running I thought I might have done some kind of taper. So I set off today expecting great things........... you can guess the rest!

Dave

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't really bother tapering any more... Firstly because I don't think its worked for me in the past... and secondly because I seem to keep messing up my final approach to races - so I tend to end up racing or long running a week before the race - hasn't done me any harm recently, but then I haven't really pushed for a fast time at a long race recently - maybe next Spring it'll be different...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i tend to end up doing what i technically term 'crash tapering'

i.e. run like buggery till a few weeks before a big event.... and then not be arsed to run at all in the run up to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I taper for the races that I am targetting and it seems to work. My half mara and 10k pb's this year were two races I tappered for. My recent X country races, where I have not tappered in the slightest have been way off the pace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts