Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, thought I would start a small survey... what does everyone have for their breakfast prior to a race?

It's porridge topped with honey and banana for me. Never let me down yet!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just have a couple of cereal bars and a cup of coffee... can't run on a full stomach.

I do have a large meal the night before though - plenty of pasta.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends on the event.....if was less than 1/2M then I'd just eat whatever I fancy.
When the event is longer then nutrition becomes a bigger part of race prep. Eating 3 hours before hand is a good idea. Then sports drinks until an hour before then only a little water.

Do over do the fluids though as you'll just end up having to go to the toilet!

If you're doing longer races then what you take on when you're doing the event is more important than what you've had before the race.

·
Registered
58 Posts
\i would normally have Ready brek. when i was competing at a higher standard this had to be 5 hours beofre the event, with a cereal bar 2. hours before - even if this meant getting up in the night! now 3 hours does me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had amazing results at races with the most peculiar preparation.. once I was at a arace far too early, it was cold, everything was shut and so I decided to have a McDonalds brekkie! Seemed to the trick as I got a pb that day!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don Minquez said:
I've had amazing results at races with the most peculiar preparation.. once I was at a arace far too early, it was cold, everything was shut and so I decided to have a McDonalds brekkie! Seemed to the trick as I got a pb that day!
I bet you were...

ba-ba-ba-ba-ba---luvin it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don Minquez said:

:mad:

porridge, shreddies, weetabix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
;) well, i have as yet to decide whether my self-imposed ban on RW rants should also apply here.

so, can i tell Woolly Monkey that he is an E*** C********* M********, or not?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a Porridge, banana and honey man mostly, though often have banana and honey on toast. Curry Goldbeetle you're brave.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
always toast... with honey or jam...at least two hours before the race, and sometimes a light high carb snack just before the race.

Btw...why hasn't my pic arrived, does it take a while after uploading?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same thing I have every other day - muesli, seeds, yogurt and some fruit, and two cups of strong coffee, at least 2 hours before the race.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Before my night leg of the round Norfolk Relays I had a Tescos Restaurant all day breakfast at 4pm.14 miles in a good time 12 hours later:eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts