Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you still wearing shorts to train/race in or have you started wearing your tracksters/leggings/longjohns?

There'll be only be 2 questions from me this week as I'm out and about....I can hear the sighs of relief all round!:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Shorts and t-shirt for me still.

Training and at work.

It`s still warm enough down here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Aldi's winter running kit for me. Running tights and long sleeved top. Its bloomin' wet and windy up here in Scotland!

Dave 'the wuss!'

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
hmmmm well i ran right up to new year last year in shorts, dont really have a problem with my legs being cold.

be warned tho as on new year's day running off road on frozen ground my knees obviously hadn't warmed up properly (even after several miles) and i spent the next month or so nursing an ITB injury.

so now to err on the side of caution i go with full legs if in doubt.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
3/4 length leggings (as I don't want to frighten anyone) and light weight wind proof jacket.
:)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Got caught by some horrendous gale force freezing rain out on the fells yesterday - wearing shorts and a Montane Lite-speed jacket over my vest and thermal. My legs got so cold that the rivers I waded felt warm by comparison! I reckon it will be the last time I do that, unless it warms up again dramatically. Must get myself some ¾ length running tights of some sort. Until then I'll just have to roll my tracksters up to just cover my calves.
Cheers!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Meg wears running shorts, and one of those tops that take the wet away from the body, one day he wears long sleeved the short sleeved with light weight waterproof kagool type top over

·
Registered
244 Posts
mostly shorts and a tee, but a couple of weeks ago when it was about minus 3 I wore leggings, thermal, gloves and a hat. Put them back in the drawers though! Much prefer shorts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts